Presently The City financially and physically supports five ministries in our city:
- Mission Texarkana
- Life House Ministries
- First Choice Pregnancy Center
- Runnin' WJ Ranch
Find a ministry and get involved in what God is doing in and through The City . Visit City Centre about serving at any of these locations.
We at City Church understand our responsibility to the world and are striving to be faithful to the Great Commission that we find in Matthew 28:19 "...Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations." We seek to not only give financially but to also go physically.
We have sent teams and individuals to and provided wells for:
- Partnered with Living Water to drill a deep water well in Ghana, Africa, 2011
- Honduras on three Medical Mission trips, 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Brazil worship team mission trip 2012
- One team to El Salvador with Living Water to drill shallow water well, October 2013
- One team to El Salvador with Living Water to drill shallow water well, May 2014
- Partnered with Living Water to drill a shallow well in Acajutla, El Salvador, 2014
- One team to Nicaragua with Living Water, November 2015
- Partnered with Living Water to drill a shallow well in Leon, Nicaragua, 2015
- Raised over $20,000 during the City Church Christmas Clean Water Project to partner with Living Water to drill over four shallow water wells January 2016
- Partnered with Living Water to drill a shallow well in El Salvador, July 2016
- City Church has partnered with Living Water and provided funds to drill 8 wells around the world
The Importance of Clean Water
The health and well-being of the Zakara Hanou villagers has improved significantly since they got access to clean, safe water. “The well water was smelly and unclear,” says Chief Saidou Abdou. “When we used to drink it, we were always sick, and our children had stomach problems.” And how have things changed? “The water that we pump out today is crystal clear, it tastes good, and you don’t even have to put it through a sieve to take out insects and dirt. Now we can drink to quench our thirst,” he says.“ Many children in our village were sick with [trachoma],” adds Harouna, Chief Abdou’s wife, “but now that water is clean, we don’t have problems anymore.”
Join The Project
There are multiple ways you can join the Clean Water Project within The City.
- You may give online by simply designating your offering to the Clean Water Project.
- Volunteer to serve on a Mission Team to drill water wells in other countries.
For more information contact the church office or visit The City Centre this weekend